Tuesday 26 January 2016

LifeBook Week04: Fearless painting

Week 04 of LifeBook was presented by Annie Hamman and her 3.5 year old daughter, Tallulah. Yes, you read that right! Annie allowed her young daughter to "mess up" her painting repeatedly and incorporated some of her marks in the process. This lesson was meant to help us become "fearless" artists, giving up control, allowing our inner child to emerge and influence how we do art.

This process was an uphill struggle for me. I must have painted 20+ layers, though you probably wouldn't tell looking at my painting now because I covered up too much with subsequent layers. I well and truly let my inner child loose on this project, but my controlling adult self kept "correcting" and "controlling" the painting, so my art is not so fearless as I was hoping. I was getting quite frustrated by the end so I stopped at one point. I think I will come back to this lesson later in the year and have another go. Until then, I will keep Tallulah's motto in mind: "You get what you get and you don't get upset".











No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.